Friday, July 9, 2010

Beachy Keen

If I had all the money and access to a credit card, this is what I would bring to the beach.


Esther Williams is a swimsuit genius. I've got pretty big hips and thighs, and this swimsuit has that covered (pun intended). I thinks it's sexy without being too skimpy.



This picture is the closest I could find to the vintage slingbacks I already have. They're really cool; leather with cut out designs and the wedge part is fake dark wood parquait floors. They're also flat enough to survive the sand.



Inspired by Lolita, we have here another image that was the closest I could find to my existing sunglasses. All pubescent nymphets aside, these are absolutely adorable and so much fun to wear.



Like sunglasses, a sun hat is very practical for protecting yourself from harmful UV rays. My favourite part is the black bow, which matches the black in the bathingsuit.



I promised myself I would read this. The beach is a romantic place, and what better to read than a classic romance?


And finally, my beach playlist:

Oh, Darling -The Beatles
Hound Dog -Evlis Presley
Dearest -Buddy Holly
Summer Nights -Grease Soundtrack
Sugartown -Zooey Deschanel Version (500 Days of Summer Soundtrack)
Happy Together -The Turtles
Let's Do It (Let's Fall in Love) -Ella Fitzgerald
Sweet Darlin' -She & Him
New Romantic -Laura Marling
Mansford Roof -Vampire Weekend
Island in the Sun -Weezer
Bubbly -Colbie Callait
Unwritten -Natasha Beddingfield
Soul Sister -Train

Okay, I know the last few are kinda lame, but who can resist guilty pleasures?

What would you consider your beach essentials?

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore that swimsuit. I like how the bottoms actually cover one's bottom. :P

    ReplyDelete