Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Imaginary Wedding of Mine

Since I have yet to figure out my camera (and don't be expecting amazing photos until I team up with lovely photographer Kaitlyn Loder), I figure I should post more inspiration. I suppose weddings aren't everyday sort of things, I just love how they look. Is it weird that I plan the artistic direction of my own future wedding? Probably, but with all these delicious details, how can I resist?

The Dress:

This is a vintage forties dress from a website with a url that escapes me. It's been sold already, but I'm totally willing to get it remade, except the slip would be a silvery white-blue. My favourite part is the lacy butterfly sleeves. So romantic!

The Colour Palette:

Looks like I'll have more than just something blue. Originally, I was thinking of a blue, pink and purple palette, but (500) Days of Summer gave me a push in the true blue direction. Hopefully it will bring out my eyes!

The Venue:





This is Graydon Hall Manor in Toronto. It's quite pricey, so I don't know if I could actually get married here, but it's so beautiful. It's sort of like a 1920's English country mansion, don't you think? I would love a garden ceremony.

The Shoes:

These little wedding bootie-style pump shoe things (I don't know, but they're awesome) just call my name. They're elegant, vintage and would look awesome with the dress. However, they would probably be pretty expensive and possibly to warm for my feet, so here's another pair:

Totally forties and I love the netting on them. I would love a little netted blusher, too. I'm a matchy-matchy person.

Bridesmaid Dresses:
I know if I make them too pretty, I will get totally jealous. I think I want simple ones that match but are accessorized differently. I was thinking something like the dress I wore to Josh's prom last year.

This is me posing and Josh mocking me. What a meanie. (uploaded from Facebook)

The Cake:

Ahhhh, it's so cute! I love the little flowers and the messages all over it. Also, I want it to be chocolate underneath that blue icing. Is that possible?

I love weddings.

10 comments:

  1. Where did you find those shoes? I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every girl dreams to have a perfect wedding and we are no different. I had been planning my wedding since more than a year ago, and we have finally fixed the date for after a few months. I’m glad that we were able to book one of my favorite Los Angeles event venues for the wedding.

    ReplyDelete